Horizon2008:Reports and Research
From Horizon Project
The initial listing of research reports or web-based discovery tools was culled from a variety of sources and our previous Horizon Advisory Boards' recommendations.
Please use the edit link above to add more (see format notes).
 Recommended Reading / Tagged Items
- A not-for-profit organisation focused on innovation in education [AL]
- Gartner Emerging Technology Hype Curve and Trends for 2007
- always a useful resource - LJ
- KnowledgeWorks Map of Future Forces Affecting Education
An interactive matrix of trends, hotspots, issues, linked to examples
- [AL] great visual and conceptual framework for outlining the future
- agree [LJ]
- agree, that is a really useful overview of forces and influences on education - interesting to contemplate the trends with respect to cross section of Australian schools [AT]
- Inquiry into the Effects of Television and Multimedia on Education in Victoria
- This October 2006 report addresses access, use, challenges, and opportunities with new media for Australian education. [AT]
 Still Untagged
- At The Churchill Club: The Top 10 Tech Trends
Lots of mobile phone predictions. Green energy. Water. And more phones.
- How Youth Are Using Social Media
a new report for the National School Boards Association: Creating and Connecting//Research and Guidelines on Online Social — and Educational — Networking. The report explores the online behaviors of U.S. teens and 'tweens
- I think this is really important - and we just don't have enough equivalent Australian data on this. [AT]
- Museums in Transition
- Pew Internet & American Life Project
reports on technology and media use
- Technorati Technology Items
blog postings related to technology
- Stephen's Web
Browse through the thousands of links in Stephen's knowledge base.
 Formatting for wiki entry
For adding new web resources to this page, use this format below. The asterisk makes it a bulleted list item, and the three quotes make text bold. Note that each entry must be in a single paragraph with title, url, and description separated by <br /> tags and only a single carriage return at the end.
* '''Article Title''' <br />http://www.someplace.com/article/cool-tech.html <br />this is a sentence or two of summary