Horizonau2008:Reports and Research
The initial listing of research reports or web-based discovery tools was culled from a variety of sources and our previous Horizon Advisory Boards' recommendations.
Please use the edit link below to add more (see format notes).
Recommended Reading / Tagged Items
- Gartner Emerging Technology Hype Curve and Trends for 2007
http://horizon.nmc.org/wdata/xdocs/Gartner%202007%20Hype%20Curve%20topics.pdf [LJ] [Atho]
- New Business Models in Higher Ed
The ability of the teaching and learning community to respond to, or influence, new and emerging business models in higher education moving from government mandated supply to market driven demand. eg  [PM]
- KnowledgeWorks Map of Future Forces Affecting Education
An interactive matrix of trends, hotspots, issues, linked to examples [LJ][SA]
- ASCILITE Conference, Singapore, November 2007
ICT: Providing choices for learners and learning. Proceedings of the conference in 2007 [LK - for current state of play]
- Internet usage by educators - education.au survey results
Many of Australia's educators are internet savvy and locked into the digital revolution, but they need more support to transform classrooms for the 21st century
- Technology Horizons Program (Institute for the Future)
Our approach to technology forecasting is unique—we put people at the center of our forecasts. Understanding humans as consumers, workers, householders, and community members allows IFTF to help companies look beyond technical feasibility to identify the value in new technologies, forecast adoption and diffusion patterns, and discover new market opportunities and threats.
A not-for-profit organization focused on innovation in education
- Museums in Transition
- Technorati Technology Items
blog postings related to technology
- At The Churchill Club: The Top 10 Tech Trends
Lots of mobile phone predictions. Green energy. Water. And more phones.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 2008
Research articles and papers from Australian and international researchers.
- Benchmarking and Research – Australian Flexible Learning Framework, 2008
A collection of reports and case studies into e-learning commissioned by The Australian Flexible Learning Framework.
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Creative Industries and Innovation Projects
Projects in six key program areas aiming to maximise the national economic and cultural benefits of digital content industries.
- OECD Working Party on the Information Economy Work Plan on Digital Broadband Content
Stocktaking studies of the economic and public policy challenges of user created content and more.
Formatting for wiki entry
For adding new web resources to this page, use this format below. The asterisk makes it a bulleted list item, and the three quotes make text bold. Note that each entry must be in a single paragraph with title, url, and description separated by <br /> tags and only a single carriage return at the end.
* '''Article Title''' <br />http://www.someplace.com/article/cool-tech.html <br />this is a sentence or two of summary